Incorporated in 1942, Air Force Aid Society (AFAS) is an official charity for the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Space Force.
The mission of AFAS is to provide emergency financial assistance, educational support, and quality of life programs for Airmen, Guardians and their families.
Our vision is to provide a community where those we serve achieve and sustain financial stability.
- Our #1 priority is helping Airmen and Guardians
- We will provide consistent support to all eligible Airmen and Guardians
- Financially stable Airmen and Guardians remain mission focused
- Convey to every Airman and Guardian seeking support that we are here to help
- Ensure every Airman and Guardian knows they received our best effort
- The majority of dollars donated to AFAS come from Airmen and Guardians – we must be good stewards
- We are also generously supported by private industry and private individuals – we must be good stewards
- Every donated dollar must be applied towards helping Airmen. For every $1 donated, AFAS dedicates $3 in helping Airmen
- Programs are only sustained if they help Airmen and Guardians
- Programs should adapt and innovate to meet the evolving needs of the modern Total Force
- Programs that are measured improve. Programs that are measured with leadership and staff accountability improve dramatically.