Database Manager (short-term contract)
Job Title: Database Manager (short-term contract)
Reports to: Chief Communications and Development Officer
The Air Force Aid Society (AFAS) is an official charity of the United States Air Force (USAF) and United States Space Force (USSF). Incorporated in 1942, AFAS meets the unique needs of Airmen and Guardians by working to support and enhance the USAF and USSF mission.
Job Summary: We are looking for a highly skilled, self-motivated individual. This position is responsible for developing maximum utilization of Air Force Aid Society’s Luminate Online, NXT and Raiser’s Edge (RE) database including data entry, assurance of data integrity, data extraction, report customization, and analysis. Also, serves as administrator of database in tools like Qgiv and Greater Giving.
- Serve as point-person for RE’s data entry, list generation, analysis and reporting, queries and tracking revenue and goals, and clean-up of database for duplicate records.
- Ensure accurate recording and acknowledgement of gifts within defined standards and meeting established metrics.
- Ensure that donor records in RE database are maintained so that the data has a high degree of accuracy.
- Respond to donor inquiries and requests and update donor records accordingly.
- Import and export data from third party platforms (i.e. Qgiv, Greater Giving) into Raiser’s Edge.
- Ongoing Database cleanup.
- Develop and run lists queries for fundraising campaigns, engagement initiatives mailing list projects, etc..
- Maintain and update major donor records and provide donor profiles from NXT as requested to Development Committee Board members.
- Provide writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgements.
- Enter donors and generate and send donor acknowledgement thank-you letters quickly as established by the organization’s standards.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, providing regular written updates to corporate and foundation donors.
- Will work on corporate and institutional charitable grants for the organization, as well as work to secure new charitable grants with relevant organizations.
- Periodic administrative support to Chief Communications & Development Director for Board of Directors and Board Committees.
- Conduct prospect research as needed.
- Assist with other communications & development projects as requested.
Preferred Skills, Education & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience using Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge, Luminate Online, NXT platforms.
- Experience with other database platforms a plus.
- Detail-oriented and accuracy is a must. Ability to be flexible and work on multiple projects at a time.
- Customer service-focused work ethic (both external & internal).
- Work closely and cordially with all staff as it pertains to our organization’s mission.
- Ability to prioritize tasks based upon reporting deadlines and management’s needs.
- Passion for our mission of helping Air Force and Space Force families.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with direct mail solicitation, donor stewardship strategy, prospect research, fundraising events will be helpful in this role.