The Air Force Aid Society’s ability to provide support is made possible through generous contributions from your fellow Airmen, Guardians, and friends of service members. 100% of every individual contribution is used to help Airmen and Guardians. Your gift can have a tremendous impact on the lives of Air Force and Space Force families.
FOR EVERY $1 DONATED,
Air Force Aid Society dedicates $3 to help Airmen and Guardians
How We Help Airmen and Guardians
When unexpected emergencies arise, there is a financial need and help is needed, AFAS provides no-interest loans and/or grants to help meet immediate needs and make a positive step towards a lasting financial solution.
AFAS understands the challenges that come with active duty military life, from deployments to PCSs, and offers targeted community programs to help with such things as child care, car upkeep and spouse employment education.
RESOURCES FOR REFERRING LEADERS
The USAF takes care of its own. Many Airmen and Guardians learn how AFAS can help through referrals from Commanders, First Sergeants and Supervisors. This resource guide was developed to help this key group of leaders counsel their Airmen and Guardians on support options.
Air Force Aid Society – Helping Airmen & Guardians
Incorporated in 1942, AFAS embodies the great 5-Star General Henry “Hap” Arnold’s vision of an organization that supports Airmen, Guardians, and their families.
LAST YEAR ALONE
$13.5 million in total support was provided to Airmen, Guardians, and their families.
94% of AFAS Emergency Financial Assistance was provided to the Total Force (Active Duty, Guard and Reserve Airmen), leaving 6% to retirees and widows.
Over 19,000 individual assists to Air Force and Space Force families were facilitated.
Chief Executive Officer
Kaleth O. Wright
18th Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force (Ret)
Kaleth O. Wright is the Chief Executive Officer of the Air Force Aid Society. In this role, he oversees an annual budget of $20 million and manages an endowment of more than $140 million. A 32-year veteran of the United States Air Force, Wright led multiple organizations concluding as the 18th Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force where he served as the senior advisor to Chief of Staff on all issues impacting over 600,000 Total Force Airmen.
Farrell joined Air Force Aid Society in 2016 as the Director of Human Resources and assumed his current position as the Chief Operating Officer in January 2021. As part of the executive leadership team, he is responsible for managing the Society’s program portfolio and budget.
Parnarouskis joined Air Force Aid Society in 2004 as the Controller and assumed his current position as the Chief Financial Officer in February 2021. As part of the executive team, his role involves providing financial leadership to the Society and acting as a key strategic partner to the CEO and Board of Trustees.
Board of Trustees
Air Force Aid Society is governed by a distinguished group of volunteer Trustees comprised of current Air Force and Space Force leaders and personnel, former Air Force leaders and members of the civilian community – fulfilling the vision of our founder, Gen Hap Arnold.
All requests for Air Force Aid Society assistance are handled at AFAS sections located at Air Force and Space Force bases around the world. In the event there is no Air Force or Space Force base in your area, other Military Relief Societies and/or Red Cross stations can assist.
Use this map search to find the location nearest to you.
Be the first to know
Stay current on all things Air Force Aid Society. Sign up for our email list to receive regular updates from the Society.