The Air Force Aid Society’s ability to provide support is made possible through generous contributions from your fellow Airmen and friends of Airmen. 100% of every individual contribution is used to help Airmen. Your gift can have a tremendous impact on the lives of Air Force families.
The Air Force Aid Society is the official charity of the U.S. Air Force and has been meeting the unique needs of the Total Force and their families, as well as Air Force widows/widowers since 1942.
FOR EVERY $1 DONATED,
Air Force Aid Society dedicates $3 to help Airmen and Guardians
How We Help Air Force Members
Air Force Aid Society – Helping Airmen Since 1942
Older than the U.S. Air Force itself, AFAS traces its roots back to 1942 and the great 5-Star General Henry “Hap” Arnold. His vision of an organization that embodied the ideal of Airmen helping Airmen still drives our mission today.
Watch and learn about our story.
Air Force Spouse, Hap Arnold Education Grant Recipient
LAST YEAR ALONE
$12.5 million in total support was provided to Airmen, Guardians and their families.
92% of AFAS Emergency Financial Assistance was provided to the Total Force (Active Duty, Guard and Reserve Airmen), leaving 8% to retirees and widows.
Over 26,000 individual assists to Air Force and Space Force families were facilitated.
Chief Executive Officer
Kaleth O. Wright
18th Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force (Ret)
Kaleth O. Wright is the Chief Executive Officer of the Air Force Aid Society. In this role, he oversees an annual budget of $20 million and manages an endowment of more than $140 million. A 32-year veteran of the United States Air Force, Wright led multiple organizations concluding as the 18th Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force where he served as the senior advisor to Chief of Staff on all issues impacting over 600,000 Total Force Airmen.
Egentowich joined Air Force Aid Society in 2010 as Chief Operating Officer. As part of the Executive Staff team, she is responsible for managing the Society’s emergency assistance, education and community enhancement programs and budget.
Heetland joined Air Force Aid Society in October 2006 as Chief Financial Officer. As part of the Executive Staff team, he oversees all financial aspects of running the Society, including management of an investment portfolio of more than $180 million.
Board of Trustees
Air Force Aid Society is governed by a distinguished group of volunteer Trustees comprised of current Air Force leaders and personnel, former Air Force leaders and members of the civilian community – fulfilling the vision of our founder, Gen Hap Arnold.
All requests for Air Force Aid Society assistance are handled at AFAS sections located at Air Force bases around the world. In the event there is no Air Force base in your area, other Military Relief Societies and/or Red Cross stations can assist.
Use this map search to find the location nearest to you.
Be the first to know
Stay current on all things Air Force Aid Society. Sign up for our email list to receive regular updates from the Society.