Ways To Give

Timing Your Gift

For every $1 donated to AFAS, the Air Force Aid Society dedicates $3 toward emergency help, college scholarships and grants, With these funds, AFAS was able to help over 26,000 Air Force and Space Force families last year alone. Of these funds, 92% of AFAS Emergency Financial Assistance was provided to the Total Force (Active Duty, Guard and Reserve Airmen), leaving 8% to retirees and widows.

In 2020, $12.5 million in total support was provided to Air Force and Space Force families for emergencies ranging from rent assistance to natural disaster relief. To read more about how these donations have impacted services members, please read our Airmen and Guardians Stories. These are real people that have benefited from your donations.

Whether you make an immediate impact gift of cash today or plan to include AFAS more substantially in your future charitable roadmap, there are many ways to time your gift. We want you to know that each and every gift helps our Airmen and Guardians tremendously.

To learn more about ways that you can donate to the Air Force Aid Society, please see our programs below. Please contact us should you have any questions. Your tax donation may be tax-deductible and can help Air Force and Space Force families in need. Air Force Aid Society will send written acknowledgment for donations of $250 or more, per IRS guidelines.

One Time Donation

Make an immediate impact gift – to either our general fund or education fund – and help an Airman or Guardian today.

Monthly Gift Program

Join the 5 Star Circle – our monthly recurring gift program – and make a longer term commitment to helping Airmen and Guardians, not just today but tomorrow.


Considering AFAS as part of your family’s estate plan? Interested in making a gift of appreciated securities to the Society? Learn more about planned and alternative gift options.

Tribute Giving

Pay your respects to someone dear while paying it forward to our Airmen and Guardians. Tribute giving options allow you the chance to designate your gift to AFAS in memory of in honor of someone important to you.

Gifts In Memory Of

Make a gift in memory of someone special. Memorial giving is a lovely way to remember an Airman or Guardian who has passed.

Gifts In Honor Of

Make a gift in honor of someone who inspires you. Honorary giving is a meaningful way to pay respect to someone in your life with strong ties to the US Air Force or U.S. Space Force.

Named Education Gifts

Help an Air Force or Space Force family realize the dream of higher education. Establish a one-time named Arnold Education Grant or a one-time named Merit Scholarship. Your investment will fully support an Air Force or Space Force dependent –and hopeful scholar – for one year of education support, while also recognizing your own family’s commitment to helping Airmen and Guardians.

View the roster of existing named education awards.

Hap Arnold Education Grant

Establish a one-time named Arnold Education Grant. Learn more about this award here.

AFAS Merit Scholarship

Establish a one-time named Merit Scholarship. Learn more about this award here.

The easiest and most expedient way to make your gift is online.
If you prefer, you can make a gift:

  • By phone: call 703-972-2650
  • By mail: send a check made payable to Air Force Aid Society to P.O. Box 2208, Arlington, VA 22202